SchwabSafe® Traveling Tips
Before you travel:
Pack your laptop
- If you have a laptop, bring it. Using your personal computer is usually more secure than a public one. Update your laptops anti-virus, browser, and other software before leaving.
Away from home:
Make your login more secure
- Memorize, rather than write down, your login ID and password.
Be aware of security when youre online
- Remember to log out of SchwabPlan.com after every session.
- Report any email that says its from Schwab and asks for personal financial information at 800-724-7526.
- Avoid using unsecured wireless networks. These are networks that you, and others, can access without a password.
If you suspect identity theft or unauthorized access to your account, it is important to act quickly.
Contact us first
- Call 800-724-7526. If you are abroad, call 1-8000-724-7526 then when prompted 800-724-7526
If we confirm unauthorized activity, let the credit bureaus know
After contacting the credit bureaus, notify the appropriate government agency